Friday, April 5, 2013

Inspiration and the Internet

Inspiration and the Internet

Used to be if a bride wanted ideas and inspiration for her wedding she would have roughly 1 of 2 options...Google or Yahoo. That is not the case any longer. Now, we have WeddingChannel.com, The Knot and Wedding Wire just to name a few. There is one website however that has taken the internet by storm...Pintrest. I don't know too many friend or family members of the female genre that shouldn't be going to some kind of meeting for Pintrest addiction, myself included. This website seems to have it all. Anything from food to funnies and everything in between. For the wedding world it is a link for all things wedding: decor, flowers, dresses, food and photography; and  it's not just for the $50,000+ wedding. Pintrest has wedding ideas for all budget types. As far as photography is concerned there are many great poses, ideas and tips. I always encourage my brides to go "shopping" on the internet to let me know if there are any specific poses they have to have. This allows me to make sure I'm giving my couples not only the pictures they want but the pictures they deserve. For the photographer it is a great place to get photography tips and tutorials. I have a graphic design degree and still love a good Photoshop tutorial. Photography is an every growing and changing profession and you never stop learning. I will have to admit that when I would browse the internet to check out new equipment or trends Pintrest was not the first thing to come to mind. Oh, was I so lost. I was astounded at what all Pintrest had to off the professional photographer, and spent the next 2hours going through the photography and wedding tabs pinning nearly everything on the page. Now those 2 groups are the first things I browse through when I'm on the site. So, next time you pop on Pintrest to see what's new in gardening or spring fashion scroll on over to the photography and wedding tabs. There is something there for everyone (bride and professional) and you might be surprised at what you find. 



No comments:

Post a Comment